Skip to content

Health Care


Occupational Therapy (OT) and Speech and Language Therapy (SLT) for Children / Young People without an EHC Plan.

Children and Young People's Occupational Therapy (CYPOT)

Children and Young People’s Occupational Therapy (CYPOT) works collaboratively with children, their families and school communities to enable children to achieve their potential within their occupations at school, home, and the wider community. This may include access to and participation in school routines, participating in self-care, play and leisure tasks, and accessing community places. CYPOT works closely with the multi-disciplinary team, as well as wider Health, Education and Social Care services.


CYPOT may support your child through individual or group sessions in clinic, school/nursery, or home. We also provide education sessions to parents alongside other members of the team (e.g., clinical psychology and speech and language therapy).


CYPOT works to promote children & young people’s access to and participation in a range of daily occupations which are meaningful to them. Our Occupational Therapists may see a child or young person who require input for:

  • Positioning and posture to support participation in everyday activities
  • Developing the skills needed to participate in self-care tasks (e.g. tooth brushing, toileting, washing, dressing, eating)
  • Personal organisation and managing transitions between activities or environments
  • Participating in learning tasks – e.g. writing, using scissors, selecting and organising tools/belongings
  • Access to play/ leisure resources at home, school, and the wider community
  • Physical access to places and spaces at home, school, and the wider community. This may include supporting a child with gross motor coordination difficulties
  • Upper Limb management for children and young people with neurological conditions (e.g. Cerebral palsy)
  • If you live in North Westminster, your child will attend clinic appointments at: The Medical Centre 7E Woodfield Road London W9 3XZ
  • If you live in South Westminster, your child will attend clinic appointments at: Cheyne Child Development Service Doughty House Chelsea and Westminster Hospital 369 Fulham Road SW10 9NH


To find out more about this service and how to make a referral:


Contact Name
Children and Young People’s Occupational Therapy
0208 102 4008 / 0207 266 8606
This link will take you to the relevant page on the Local Offer


The Children’s Physiotherapy Service provides physiotherapy for children and young people in hospital wards, outpatient clinics and in the local community. This includes provision of physiotherapy for children in local schools, nurseries and homes.

Children’s Physiotherapists use a range of approaches, individually tailored to the child’s needs. This may include provision of individualised exercise programmes, postural management equipment, bespoke orthotics, walking aids and other specialist equipment. Physiotherapists work in partnership with parents and carers, ensuring that they receive advice, intervention and support to enable their child to achieve his/her movement potential.


Contact details:

If your GP is in North Kensington & Chelsea, North & Central Westminster, please contact:
Sian Evans (

Clinical Therapy Lead, Children’s Physiotherapy

If your GP is located in South Kensington & Chelsea, Hammersmith & Fulham or South Westminster, please contact:
Francesca Crosby (

Children’s Therapy Lead


Physiotherapy balls and objects

Speech and Language Therapy Service

Speech and language therapy provides treatment, support and care for children and adults who have difficulties with communication, or with eating, drinking and swallowing.

This service mostly takes place in clinics, children’s centres and school settings. Support provided includes assessment of needs, group and individual therapy for children, and training and collaborating with parents, carers, and staff involved in the child’s care.

They will also provide training to teaching staff, share resources such as language enriching activities, and ensuring the child’s environment promotes language and communication.

Speech and Language Therapy Service

Children and young people with speech and language needs highlighted in their EHCP can access direct speech and language therapy at their school. Therapists work in partnership with schools, and provide staff with advice, training, and strategies to support the development of all school children’s speech, language, and communication.

They can help with the following:

  • Progress language (e.g. following instructions)
  • Helping develop and use words and language
  • Assessing and identifying difficulties
  • Setting individualised targets
  • One-to-one Video Therapy sessions
  • Group Video Therapy sessions
  • Helping to teach different methods of communication
  • Assessment and detailed report

To find out more about Speech and Language Therapy services, click the link to Local offer

Occupational Therapy and Speech and Language Therapy for children and young People with an EHC Plan

The Bi-Borough Inclusion Service offers Occupational Therapy and Speech and Language Therapy to children and young people with an EHC Plan.

Contact details:

For Sensory support, SLCN and SEN OT:
Westminster Special School – Bi-Borough Inclusion Service

Music Therapy

Music therapy uses shared music making as a way of supporting children who may have communication, social, physical or emotional difficulties. Sessions offer children experiences of shared play, interaction, movement and learning, whatever their level of ability. Children are seen initially for assessment to determine, with parents and carers, how music therapy might support them with their specific needs.

Music Therapy

Music therapy takes place individually or in groups, and consideration of the parents/carers views and needs is a key part of planning intervention to determine the best ways to support and maximise the benefits to the child. In sessions, shared music making, using improvised or familiar music, allows children to build musical relationships which may contribute to their development across a range of areas.

Location and contact

The music therapy team is based at three sites across Kensington and Chelsea, Hammersmith and Fulham, and Westminster.

Chelsea and Westminster Hospital
Doughty House
369 Fulham Road London SW10 9NH
Tel: 020 3315 6472

Parkview Centre for Health & Wellbeing
Cranston Court
56 Bloemfontein Road, White City London W12 7FG
Tel:020 3704 6061

The Woodfield Road Surgery
The Medical Centre
7E Woodfield Road London W9 3XZ
Tel: 020 7266 8863

In-Deep Charity

In-Deep offers a music therapy service for children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND)

Art Therapy

Express Plus is an arts therapy service that supports young people age 7-25. They provide a space for young people to express their thoughts and feelings through creative ways with a trusted, listening adult. They work with young people and their parents who live, work or study in Westminster.

The service takes place in centres around Westminster: Bessborough Centre (Pimlico), Portman Centre (Church Street) and Queen’s Park Children’s Centre (Queen’s Park).

Who to contact
Contact Name: Fraiha Rashid
Tel: 07930606210

Art Therapy

Mental Health

Children and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS)

The CAMHS Team is the local NHS support service for children and young people. The service consists of a friendly and dedicated team of professionals from a range of professional backgrounds including doctors, psychologists, nurses and other experts who can assist with understanding and supporting young people who are feeling depressed, anxious or who may have conditions such as Autism or ADHD. CAMHS is for children and young people aged 0-18 who live in Westminster.

You can access more information from the Westminster CAMHS website


How do you access this service?
Any professional working with children, young people and families can refer a child to the services. This is usually a GP, a member of schools staff or a social worker. If they are unsure whether they should make a referral or a concerned about a child or young person they can contact the service Mon-Fri between 9am and 5pm and speak to the duty CAMHS professional who can provide information and guidance. The duty CAMHS professional can arrange an urgent appointment where necessary. Parents can also make a self-referral by contacting Westminster CAMHS and asking to speak to the clinician on duty.


Contact Name
CAMHS Woodfield Road
020 3317 5999
Website: CAMHS Central and North West London Home

Adult Mental Health Services

South Westminster Community Mental Health Hub

South Westminster Community Mental Health Hub brings together a together a range of health care professionals who have specialist skills in working with people who have mental health needs. The services aims to deliver excellent integrated, recovery focused and evidence based health and social care to the residents of Westminster.


Victoria PCN Team: 020 7854 4162
West End PCN Team: 020 7854 4243


image of head with mechanical screws

Child Development Service

The Child Development Service is a multi-disciplinary team which provides community services for children and young people with developmental health needs. The multi-disciplinary team includes doctors, speech and language therapists, occupational therapists, and specialist nurses.

Woodfield Road – Child Development Service

Woodfield Road
The main purpose of Woodfield Child Development Service is to offer children and young people, who have neuro-developmental disorders, a comprehensive assessment service that identifies, investigates, assesses their development needs and offers appropriate support, intervention and advice. The core team includes paediatricians, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, speech and language therapy, clinical psychology, clinical nurse specialists and music therapy. The service works in close partnership with community and acute service providers, education, social services and voluntary sector services. It also provides a local service for pupils attending Westminster Special Schools.


Who to contact
The Medical Centre (1st floor) 7E Woodfield Road LondonW9 3XZ
Tel: 0800 368 0412

Cheyne – Child Development Service

The work of the Cheyne Child Development Service consists of the identification, assessment, investigation and support of children with long term neurodevelopmental disorders and neuro-disabilities, working within a multidisciplinary team, liaising with primary and acute health care, networked with a range of tertiary care, and other agencies as appropriate.
The core team consists of Paediatricians, Clinical Psychology, a Clinical Nurse Specialist, Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Music Therapists and Speech and Language Therapists.


Who to contact
Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, 369 Fulham Road, London SW10 9NH
Tel: 020 3315 6488


Complaints about Health Care

If you are unhappy with a health service, click the below link to make a complaint

Complaints | Westminster City Council

text complain being written

Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS)

The Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) offers confidential advice, support and information on health-related matters.

PALS provides help in many ways. For example, it can:

  • help you with health-related questions
  • help resolve concerns or problems when you’re using the NHS
  • tell you how to get more involved in your own healthcare

PALS can give you information about:

  • the NHS
  • the NHS complaints procedure, including how to get independent help if you want to make a complaint
  • support groups outside the NHS

PALS office hours: 9am – 5pm, Monday to Friday.
Telephone: 0800 368 0412

Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS)

Ombudsman for Health Service

An ombudsman or ombudsperson is appointed at a national or local level to investigate complaints made by private citizens against a public business or organisation. You should only use this service when all other options have been exhausted.

Telephone 0345 015 4033
Website improving-public-service/

0345 015 4033 Helpline open 8:30am – 5:30pm Monday to Friday

Ombudsman for Health Service

Useful information

Hospital passport

A hospital passport tells the hospital about you or your child’s healthcare, your learning disability, how you like to communicate and how to make things easier for you.

You can carry your hospital passport and show it to healthcare staff at the hospital. It can help you to get the care you need in an easier to understand way


Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust has produced a template hospital passport which you can download below:

Hospital Passport (Print Version)
Hospital Passport (For Online Completion)

If you need help completing a hospital passport, please speak to health professionals at the time of your appointment/admission who should be able to assist.

Hospital passport


Healthwatch is an independent charity that promotes and supports the involvement of people in the monitoring, commissioning and provision of local health and social care services.


It provides information and advice to the public about accessing health and social care services and choice in relation to those services.


Phone: 020 8968 7049
Freephone: 0800 008 7455

Skip to content